Art Berg Fund Grant
History of Art Berg Fund Grant
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE ART BERG GRANT
The NSA Foundation is pleased to announce that the application period for the Art Berg Grant has opened. Each year, one $4,000 grant is awarded to a 501(c)3 organization needing financial assistance in developing and/or deploying a technology-related project that will enhance communication for the benefit of the clients they serve. To be eligible, the organization must:
- Have an NSA member who is actively involved in the organization as a member of the board, standing committee, and/or regular volunteer.
- Be recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)3.
The deadline for submissions is Sunday, May 18, 2021 at 11:50 PM PT. For more information, contact NSAFCares@NSAFoundation.org.
About the Art Berg Fund Grant
The National Speakers Association (NSA) Foundation serves members and the public through various scholarships and grants. One such grant, named in honor of the late Art Berg—world-class wheelchair athlete and motivational speaker—was created to assist NSA members of a 501(c)(3) organization with funding technology-related projects that enhance communication.
Each year, one grant is awarded in the amount of $4,000. Examples of eligible projects include:
- Creating and distributing free audio packages to the blind.
- Providing software and/or hardware to after-school programs.
- Developing a wireless project to connect at-risk children and/or their parents to 911 hotlines.
- Establishing educational programs in sign language to parents/siblings of deaf children.
- Funding research to identify ways volunteers can use technology to assist the elderly demographic.
|Art Berg Fund Grant Recipients|
|2020 – SPARK, Eastern Tennessee Technology Access Center||2012 - ShareTheCaregiving™, Inc.|
|2019 - Global Service Initiative, Delta Upsilon Fraternity||2011 - Second Wind Dreams ®|
|2018 - Summer Santa, Inc.||2010 - Impact on Education|
|2017 - Empowering Lives and Building Foundations||2009 - Metrocrest Social Services|
|2016 - The Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor||2008 - Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic|
|2015 - The Kugler Education Fund at South Africa Partners||2007 - Royce Arbour, Inc. – Hands on Help for Management|
|2014 - The Coach Initiative, Inc.||2006 - Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor|
|2013 - Together We Can Change the World||2005 - American Immigration Law Foundation|
“The support of NSA’s Art Berg Fund Grant will bring enormous benefits to the children and families of A.V. Bukani Primary School in a rural South African township. Now, the entire community will have greater access to books, something the wonderful people of this community so richly deserve.”
—Eileen Kugler, Trustee of The Kugler Education Fund at South Africa Partners